Fig and frangipane rustic pie
If you go wild for this dessert overflowing with fruit and low on sugar, try its variations with red plums or our beautiful Ontario peaches. Quebec berries will never disappoint either! Don’t delay – indulge!
Preparation : 15 minutes
Baking : 35 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. On a floured work surface, press the shortbread dough to form an oval shape approximately 13 × 9 in. (33 × 23 cm) and place it on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, use a fork to mix the ground almonds, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla to make the frangipane.
4. Spread the frangipane in the middle of the dough leaving a border of 2 1/2 in. (6.5 cm). Place the figs on top and drizzle with honey. Fold the edges of the pie dough over the filling.
5. Brush the top of the dough with the egg and sprinkle with the sugar.
6. Cook on the lower rack of the oven for around 35 minutes, or until the pie crust is golden brown and the frangipane is crisp. Cool and serve with honey.