wheat-free vegan brownies
No eggs, no butter, no wheat flour. Hard to believe that such decadent deliciousness can be guilt-free! These brownies are so good, you’ll want to make them again and again.
Preparation : 20 minutes
Baking : 35 minutes
Efficiency : 16 pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Oil an 8-in. (20 cm) square baking pan and line with 2 long parchment paper strips, letting the paper hang over edges of the pan.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. Place a medium stainless steel mixing bowl on top of a saucepan filled with hot water over medium heat to make a double boiler. Add the chocolate to the bowl and melt it, stirring a few times. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine the flaxseed and water and let soak about 10 minutes. Mix in the sugar, avocado and vanilla. Fold in the melted chocolate and then the almond flour mixture.
6. Spread batter in prepared baking pan, and then sprinkle with nuts. Bake in centre of the oven for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs adhering to it. Let cool on a rack. If you prefer gooey brownies, bake them for only 30 minutes.