Buttercup or butternut? Deep green in colour, the first variety bears a spherical shape generally ringed and flattened. The butternut squash is recognized by its bell shape and camel beige colour. Both have pretty orange flesh, slightly sweet, with a hazelnut flavour.
Preparation : 10 minutes
Baking : 35 minutes
Choice of sides
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp. (45 ml) of the honey with the butter and vanilla seeds.
3. Brush the flesh of the squash with the honey mixture and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Grate the cinnamon or nutmeg over the squash, to taste, and sprinkle lightly with the fleur de sel.
4. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the squash wedges over and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
5. Place the squash on a serving plate with your choice of side and sprinkle with the nuts, pomegranate and chia seeds. Coat with the remaining honey and serve with fleur de sel.